Your Generous Support Keeps the USS ORLECK Afloat and Her Legacy Alive!
The USS ORLCK Naval Museum is a private a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (TAX ID 90-0507764) dedicated to preserving the history and legacy of USS ORLECK DD-886 and the sailors who served aboard her during her distinguished service on behalf of the Nation. We must be self-supporting as we are not funded by the US NAVY or other Federal, state, or local entities. We depend on individual and business donations, memberships, business sponsorships, tour admissions, laser tag play, grants, and special events such as the annual Haunted Ship to fund our operations, programs, and restoration and repair efforts.
How can you help preserve and share the legacy of the ORLECK? Here are just a few ways you can help!
- DONATIONS. Please consider donating to the ship today! All donations are greatly appreciated and can be in the form of a one-time or recurring donation. You can establish monthly, quarterly, or annual donations depending on your personal preferences and resources.
- MUSEUM MEMBERSHIPS. We offer various levels of museum memberships ranging from individual memberships, to family memberships, and even lifetime membership.
- BUSINESS OR CORPORATE SPONSORSHIPS. Business and corporate sponsorships are available at various levels that afford both small and large businesses the opportunity to support the museum share the museum with your employees and customers.
- BUSINESS/CORPORATION DONATION MATCHING PROGRAMS. Many businesses offer their employees donation matching programs for charities of the employees' choice. Also, some such as Conoco/Phillps have a program that makes a financial contribution to a charity based on the number of volunteer hours worked for a charity. Check with you company's human resources department to see what they may offer to support employees' involvement in their local communities.
- SPONSOR OR HOLD AN EVENT ABOARD THE SHIP for your friends, family, organization, or business. You can hold a reception, party, laser tag event - the possibilities are limitless.
- MAKE IN-KIND DONATIONS. We are always in need of supplies, materials, and equipment that help our volunteers complete work projects. For example, we always need paint; (deck gray, bulk-head gray, black, white, safety yellow), painting supplies; metal primer; supplies and materials to install air conditioning and heating units; cleaning supplies; and a host of other items.
- SHIP STORE. We are in the process of building the inventory in our ship store. You can purchase items on-line and person. Each and every sale helps!
- DEBIT/CREDIT CARD on-line via this web site; by phone call to the Ship Office at 337-214-7447; or in person at 604 N. Enterprise Blvd, Lake Charles LA 70601.
- CHECK OR MONEY ORDER to our mailing address: USS ORLECK NAVAL MUSEUM, P.O. Box 4470, Lake Charles LA 70606-4470.
- CASH/CHECK/CARDS in person aboard the ship at 604 N. Enterprise Blvd, Lake Charles La 70601.
The USS ORLECK Naval Museum's Board of Directors, staff, and volunteers than you for your ongoing support of this last of two Gearing class ships in existence in the United States, both of which are historic museum ships.
Please before donating or choosing a membership.